In the last post, I mentioned that I was going to try the recipe for the Apricot & Almond Galette that appeared in this month’s (June 2017) issue of Bon Appetit. You didn’t think I’d make it, did you?
Well, I made it. 🙂
- Went over very well. The Kid hovered over me while I took this picture, demanding to “Try more try more try more!” For the record, The Kid and The Husband asked for seconds. I might have snuck a third helping later that night.
- Easy to make. I would bring this to a dinner party to make people think that it took more effort than is actually required.
- Not overly sweet but hits the spot. While it makes a great dessert, I’d also eat this galette for breakfast (and I did on Saturday morning).
- I didn’t do it, but I’d serve it with vanilla ice cream.
- MAKE IT. This is a great recipe.
That’s all. 🙂
On a random note, The Husband kept asking how to pronounce “galette” correctly. He didn’t seem to trust my guess (“gah-let”), but it wasn’t too far off from this pronunciation I found.